I first published this Manifesto for Spiritual Independence in 2012 when I started The Lasting Supper. Many of you might not have seen it. So I’m posting it again. I post it every once in a while to remind us of what some of our values are. Please feel free to share this with your family and friends. Here’s the link for you to download the Manifesto and you can send it to whomever you like. Please do. It would be wonderful to see a few more people join us at the The Lasting Supper table.
Please note that there is no mention of the Divine in the manifesto. The reason for this is because of the theological diversity of The Lasting Supper. Some of us believe in a Divine Power, some of us don’t, some of us aren’t sure, and some of us are all three at the same time. Besides, this manifesto is not a statement of faith, but a statement for owning, embracing and living our own spirituality with happiness as we see fit. How we see the Divine integrating into this or not is another issue. So here is our Manifesto:
MANIFESTO FOR SPIRITUAL INDEPENDENCE
1. I am free. I always have been. I always will be.
2. I have the right to ask questions as a way to become wise.
3. It is my right and responsibility to find my own spiritual path.
4. It is my duty to myself and others to remove the log from my own eye first.
5. I take care of myself before I care about labels or what others call me.
6. It is necessary for me to be true to myself before being true to a community.
7. I recognize my roots but I will not allow them to prevent me from changing.
8. I embrace my unique spirituality and will let my light shine for others.
9. I take charge of my life and will live it wisely, compassionately and joyfully.
10. I am spiritually independent!
If you like this and want more, please visit The Lasting Supper.
Download TLS’s manifesto HERE.