Hello, new friends

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Hello, new friends

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BrianD BrianD 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Rachel
    Participant

Heyo. My name is Rachel, and I’m very new.

I’m a college student and proud Kentuckian. I read and write, travel, hike, collect tattoos, and listen to music you probably haven’t heard of. In person I can be kind of quiet and anxious, so an online forum seems like the best kind of community for me right now. So, here I am!

I’m currently on a “church sabbatical” after going to charismatic non-denominational churches my whole life. As a result I’m rather on my own.

In the past year I realized I don’t have all the answers, and I’ve been on a journey of unwinding and learning about all aspects of my religion, not just what I’ve been taught my whole life. I’m probably an Anabaptist/progressive Christian, although no one really knows that because I’m not quite ready to have those discussions. Some days I consider agnosticism, but for me Jesus is too compelling of a person to reject completely. Church services and church people, however, leave me lonely and disillusioned, and I’m really tired and aggravated by all the expectations, agendas, and fear that exist in church culture.

In short, I have no idea what the hell I’m doing or what I believe. But it seems like I’m in good company here, and I’m really, really grateful to now be a part of The Lasting Table with you all.

Rachel
    Participant

**The Lasting Supper, not Table! Whoops.

irreverance
    Participant

Hi Rachel! Sorry to hear you feel so along, but I can certainly understand. Feel free to share as much of your story as you feel comfortable. We’ll respect your voice, your struggles, and your privacy. Glad you’re here! :)

Tracey
    Participant

Rachael . . .looking forward to getting to know you . . .welcome!

Profile photo of blueheron53
    Susan in TX
    Participant

Glad you’re here, Rachel.

I’m new too. This is an amazing group, and I bet you’ll enjoy it. Be who you are, and take your time.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Welcome Rachel!

Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

Welcome! Sounds like you’ve had a similar journey as me. Looking forward to seeing you around here.

Profile photo of BrianD
    BrianD
    Participant

Welcome, from a Louisvillian!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.