THE NAKEDPASTOR, DAVID HAYWARD
The Lasting Supper is an online community that I launched in 2012.
I’m David Hayward. I’m Canadian, raised in a Christian home, went to churches in all kinds of denominations, eventually became Baptist and then Pentecostal. It was at a Pentecostal Bible College, Central Bible College, where I met my American wife Lisa. We were married in 1980, and have three grown children.
I received my Masters in Theology from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, then a Diploma in Ministry from Presbyterian College at McGill University. I was ordained into the ministry in the Presbyterian Church in Canada in 1986. I served that church until 1995. We left, and finally found a home in the Vineyard Church. I became the pastor of Rothesay Vineyard in 1996. After realizing that I and that church were no longer compatible, I left the ministry in 2010
In 2006, before I left the ministry, I started a blog called, “NakedPastor.” It initiated my public undressing of religion, religious community and spirituality through my writings, art and cartoons. Thousands of people are challenge and entertained by “NakedPastor” every day.
My passion for helping others in their spiritual journeys led me to launch The Lasting Supper in 2012. It’s like nakedpastor’s small group.
WHY DID I LAUNCH TLS?
Very simply: Lisa and I left the ministry and the church in 2010. I felt the urgent need to provide community and support not only for myself but for people like me. Over the years I’ve been facilitating TLS, I’ve made an important observation: the best prescription for people going through any kind of a struggle is to provide them with time and space to heal themselves, and to offer a supportive community. That’s TLS! I’m still an advocate of one-on-one coaching or counseling, but the fastest way to feel healthy again is through active involvement in a supportive community.
WHAT IS TLS?
- The Lasting Supper is here to provide a safe community where you can be authentic.
- The Lasting Supper provides a space where you can question, change, or even lose your beliefs.
- The Lasting Supper is for people who want to be spiritually independent and free.
- The Lasting Supper values transparency and honesty.
- The Lasting Supper has a deep respect for the opinions and beliefs of every member.
- The Lasting Supper is also about providing resources, but our greatest asset is our community!
- Check out our manifesto to get an idea of our values.
- The Lasting Supper just might be the best community experience you’ve ever had!
Graffiti artist on the walls of religion