This is something I notice about nearly everyone at The Lasting Supper. Let me compare you to pioneers. So I basically see three stages to what has happened or what is happening or what will happen to you:
- You realize you’re not happy where you are. You’re not settled. Everyone else around you seems to be contented for the most part. But not you! You are restless. Maybe you are even unhappy. Perhaps you are even being shunned or expelled. For whatever reason, you’ve come to the unsettling realization that you are not settled and that you cannot stay. You’ve heard about a new land where you can live free and you want to live there.
- You break away. Or course, this takes some preparation. Unless you’re kicked out. Then you’re on your own with no preparation. But if you leave on your own accord, you might find yourself trying to build up the courage you need to leave. You might find yourself tying to explain your motivations to others. You might be second-guessing yourself and wondering if it’s a good idea or not. But finally you conclude that you simply cannot stay. You have to go out and find the new land.
- You’re on your own. Finally you leave. You’re on you own. People have warned you about the difficulties, the challenges, and the dangers, but you have to do this. Something is driving you! Unfortunately, my observation is that there are few resources provided for such pioneers. And it’s the nature of the game that the maps available only take you as far as the mappers have been. You will have to chart your own after that. Even though our supplies must be sparse, they must be of proven quality. Most pioneers are just throwing together whatever they find along the way.
The main roles of TLS are:
- We validate your discontent with the status quo! We embrace their own feelings of unsettledness. It’s a good thing.
- We give the encouragement you need to build up your courage to find and walk your own path.
- We support you with the necessary tools that will help you find the freedom and independence you’re looking for.
This isn’t about what I do for the members. Although I contribute every day to the validation, resources, encouragement and support, the whole TLS community continues to provide all these things as well. The supplies are increasing!
I’m grateful to be among such rebellious, brave and resourceful pioneers!
Have a great day my fellow travelers!