I first published this Manifesto for Spiritual Independence in August when I started this site. Many of you might not have seen it. So I’m posting again. I will about once a month just to keep it in front of us. Please share this with your family and friends. Here’s the link (CLICK HERE) for you to download the pdf file and you can send it to whomever you like. Please do. Invite more people to join our conversation. Thanks!
Please note that there is no mention of the Divine in the manifesto. The reason for this is that some of you believe in a Divine Power, some of you don’t, and some of you aren’t sure. Besides, this manifesto is not a statement of faith, but a statement for owning, embracing and living your own spirituality with happiness as you see fit. How you see the Divine integrating into this is another issue. So here it is:
1. I am free. I always have been. I always will be.
2. I have the right to ask questions as a way to become wise.
3. It is my right and responsibility to find my own spiritual path.
4. It is my duty to myself and others to remove the log from my own eye first.
5. I take care of myself before I care about labels or what others call me.
6. It is necessary for me to be true to myself before being true to a community.
7. I recognize my roots but I will not allow them to prevent me from changing.
8. I embrace my unique spirituality and will let my light shine for others.
9. I take charge of my life and will live it wisely, compassionately and joyfully.
10. I am spiritually independent!
Download the Manifesto for Spiritual Independence HERE