Being drowned

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Being drowned

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  irreverance 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jeni Ananda
    Participant

I just watched “Noah” and it resonated with me… only in the way God speaks to Noah in pictures. About water. I do not agree with the judgement mentality that also was part of the movie… fyi..
    I’ve always been afraid of water. Ever since I can remember, I’ve had nightmares where I am on a beach and a HUGE tidal wave comes and wipes everything out and drowns me.
    For my 29th birthday, my mom took me on a cruise and I was in awe at all the water, but terrified at the same time.
    Years ago, I had one of the strongest ‘visions’ I’ve ever had. (Yes, I’m one of ‘those’ people.) LOL
    I was standing in church during worship, and another world opened up to me. At first, it was a waterfall, a lovely, warm trickle (well, more than a trickle) but I wasn’t scared. Then, more water came. I saw ALL of Lake Tahoe hovering above me. I saw Emerald Bay pour out onto me, then Crystal Bay, etc. I started to become terrified.This is it!I’m going to drown! God is going to take me out right here in church by drowning!! I KNEW it! Then, all of the lake pouring out onto me. I decided to TRUST . If God filled my lungs with water once, created me to breathe out my belly button, then I can trust now. that even if I die… I will trust.
    Then, all the water in the Atlantic Ocean started pouring out. I was sure this was the end. I just let go of my lungs and let them fill up with water. It went up my nose, in my eyes, my ears were filled.
    Just when I thought I couldn’t take any more, the Pacific Ocean appeared. Whatever. I’m in it now… Ok, God, You kinda suck right now, but I will hang onto my trust.
    All the waters in all the seas eventually poured out onto/into me. I fell on the floor. (Yeah, I’m one of those…heh he) I felt like that guy in Abyss- when he has to go to a depth where the pressure is too much for him to have air in his lungs, so they give him some type of amniotic fluid to breathe and he has to look at the woman he loves- she comforts him and talks him through the scary transition of feeling like he will die.
    So, when Noah saw so much water, and so much death… I could relate.
    I don’t know why God speaks to me through things I’m scared of… Not always, but the most profound, seem to be. I’m sure the Christian answer is that the devil has been trying to scare me out of my destiny my whole life. But I really have no freaking idea.

irreverance
    Participant

Hi Jeni. Thanks for sharing your story. For what it’s worth, I’m highly suspicious of “visions” when they are assumed as a form of divine communication. I do believe that there is something deep within us that continually calls us to become more than we already are. So, I do believe that exploring our dreams can sometimes help us to understand ourselves a bit better.

So, if you don’t mind me asking, what do you think this illuminates about where you are and what your deeper self might be trying to say to you…beyond “trust”?

(Btw, I’ve not seen Noah.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.