confession: i don't ever use this site

Blog Forums Introductions Chit Chat confession: i don't ever use this site

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Emily Riley

so, here’s my confession of the day. not sure why i feel the need to confess.  lol.  i NEVER check this site.  i only ever look at the posts on the FB group.  i’m excited about the new site because this one seems confusing to me… every time i log in it tells me “welcome… you’ve never been here before” blah blah blah and i think “yea, i should probably check here more often.”  but i feel like i can never find posts.  i guess the FB page is the same way with posts getting lost or missed or whatever and since i’m nearly always only on my phone, it helps to be a mobile site.  so yea, i’m excited about the new site.

one thing David said that struck me is that there are 150 people on FB and another 150 or so on here.  and that i’m missing the opportunity to get to know the other folks in TLS and that thought was exciting to me.  i love the little community here and i’m glad to “suddenly” get to see it double.  so, i’m gonna try to be around here a bit too. maybe it’ll help me with my excessive facebook addiction :)

one question, will it be possible to tag people in the new site? cuz i like that feature in FB.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Emily!  I dont come over here often either so thanks for the link so I could easily follow it here :) I too want to meet the other 150 of us that don’t participate on fb!  The more the merrier!

Emily Riley

also, i get stressed out because i never know where to post.  what if my post starts out as chit chat but ends up as spirituality and atheism?  do i post it in each category?  it seriously stresses me out.  i like boxes.  but only when my thoughts fit in them which is almost never.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That’s kind of interesting, because I’m coming from the other side. I actually don’t use facebook. I used to have one but I found that unless you had a specific group of people who want to intentionally create a community it seemed like it was more of a distraction from a community rather than a tool for it.  It seems like so many people I know post on facebook and read facebook posts instead of actually interacting with people. But I guess that’s for another topic of discussion.

Anyways, I’m really glad that this site exists. :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Also, I think you make a good point about the organization of forums. As soon as I started talking about facebook I thought that I was going off topic, which I think is one limitation of the forum structure. I’m not really sure how to fix that problem though, perhaps a forum that goes by tagging or something like that could help.  It looks like that is an option here, although I’m not exactly sure how it works.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I prefer this site a lot more to the FB site, but when people stopped posting much here anymore, I gravitated over to the FB site. I got tired of checking this site for new forum posts when several days would go by before anyone posted anything new.  I hope that changes with the new TLS format.

Profile photo of JeffPrideaux
    JeffPrideaux
    Participant

I would view TLS site as where you would post stuff kins of for the permanent record – stuff that you want remembered.  FB is more for chatting and just getting to know people.  If you go a week without checking FB those old posts will be so far down the list that you will probably never read them.  The TLS site will be different in that the posts will be meatier, fewer of them, and you can reasonably “catch up” if you have been away for a while.

Emily Riley

i just get lost around here. lol.  and Hi Brian! nice to meet you :) i’m trying to venture out of FBland.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Emily, Brian, and everyone!  I must confess this is my first time on in awhile too (except for a recent chat and listening to a podcast)  I was starting to feel bad for those here who don’t go on FB.  So I will do my best!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.