Double Standard

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy Double Standard

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

I found this interesting.

I think David’s cartoon “two rooms two theologies” speaks to this too.

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

PS:  If you read my FB, you would think I was right opposite to the video, since I am using it as a forum to voice my views about ‘fake Christians’ …

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This is a terrific example of some of the mind-bending mental games I just couldn’t stomach playing when I was supposed to be playing the game. Ha!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yep.  Might as well replace “atheist” with just about anything else that isn’t Christian and you have a good picture of what conservative evangelical Christians believe.  I used to agree with them, sadly.

After the tragedy at Newtown, when politicians were going off about “taking God out of schools,” I posted on FB saying that we need to stop saying that’s what caused the shootings.  One friend said that she believes that anyone who is not a Christian cannot experience goodness, love, or morality “the way God intended” because they weren’t “right” with Jesus.  I don’t know how anyone can be so blind that they miss all the wonderful people living full, rich, good, loving, generous lives even without believing in Jesus.  My faith isn’t because I think I’m going to have a better life than someone else, it’s because I think I will have a better life for me.

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

It’s all in how you market an idea. This may be random, but it makes me think about what happened to the word feminist. It means someone who believes women should have the same rights. But some have made it out to mean man-hating, children-hating…it’s all in the words you use.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hilarious!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.