Getting ready for a family reunion

Blog Forums Deconstruction Family & Friends Getting ready for a family reunion

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  irreverance 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of seithman
    JarredH
    Participant

This Sunday, I’ll be going to the Ingerick reunion, which a gathering of all the descendants (or at least many of us who can make it) of my great grandmother and her four siblings. There will likely be upward of sixty people in attendance. Of those, I’ll probably know about a dozen of them well: Those that are descended from my grandfather plus one or two of my dad’s cousins.

Family reunions are always a bit rough for me. My grandfather’s family are all from a rather strict Christian background. While there’s no open conflict between the rest of them and me, I usually feel quite guarded lest I let something slip about my sexuality or spirituality and cause An Incident(tm). (So no tee shirt with the rainbow pentacle on this trip.) I only go every couple of years because of this. This is my year to go. Any pleasant thoughts or prayers would be greatly welcome.

Of course, I find it ironic and often joke I was born on the wrong branch of the Ingerick family tree. My grandfather’s one cousin has a very cool family with members who are strongly into mediumship and similar interest. (As a bit of trivia, one of the people in that branch of the family happens to be Jason Hawes of “Ghost Hunters” fame.)

Tracey
    Participant

I just survived one of those . . .i do usually end up having a good time reflecting on the varieties of strange people.

irreverance
    Participant

I haven’t been to a family reunion since I was a wee lad. I’m okay with that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.