God Loves Everyone

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively God Loves Everyone

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

God loves everyone
    Like a mother loves her son
    No strings at all
    Unconditional
    Never one to judge
    Would never hold a grudge
    ‘Bout what’s been done
    God loves everyone

There are no gates in heaven
    Everyone gets in
    Queer or straight
    Souls of every faith
    Hell is in our minds
    Hell is in this life
    But when it’s gone
    God takes everyone

Its love is like a womb
    It’s like the air from room to room
    It surrounds us all
    The living and the dead
    May we never lose the thread
    That bound us all

The killer in his cell
    The atheist as well
    The pure of heart
    And the wild at heart
    Are all worthy of its grace
    It’s written in the face
    Of everyone
    God loves everyone

There’s no need to be saved
    No need to be afraid
    Cause when it’s done
    God takes everyone

God loves everyone

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If God loves me like my mother loves me then I’m screwed. Other than that, nice sentiments. :-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

LOLOLOL, like a mother?!? The only mothers I can relate to literally or metaphorically (mother nature) ARE KILLERS!  Some mother’s of some people may be kind and all loving but I don’t have a friend or relative who has a mother that loves in anyway near the perfect and all giving love of God.  If you can’t talk about the benevolence and goodness of Jesus on this site due to the people here who definitely associate Jesus with the abusive and restrictive, punitive and demeaning church you sure can’t up and claim a mother’s love as any sort of all loving holy thing. lol.  Not on this site, anyway. There are way too many abused children on this site for this poem to be accepted without a few really strong objections. Maybe mine and Rosy’s will be the only one.  I do like the last part about hell being a condition on this earth.  I do love this idea that a mother loves unconditionally, I don’t believe it but I wish it was true.  :)

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

I had a wonderful sweet Mother.  I miss her so very much.  She and I had some fun and sweet times together and I treasure our time together.

I am so sorry that you, Kathy and Rosey, had a bad mother experience.  I understand that there are both good and not good Moms.  My husband’s Mom put him out on his own at 15 because she couldn’t afford him.

I have had a LOT of hard times and things to bitch about in my life.  But my Mom isn’t/wasn’t one of them.  I’m so sorry that everyone didn’t have a sweet Mom like I  had.

HUGS!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Me, too! I wish everyone had had a mom we could feel about like you do your’s!  It’s a tough life for women who have had this critically important bond abused, perverted or destroyed.  Thanks for the hugs, hugs to you Ang.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Kathy

I hear what you say about your mother and expereinces in the church. Abuse by either is not acceptable. And eiither that do act that way deserve to be mocked and disempowered when they do. I love your use of humour for subverving opressive power – I’m inclinde to do simlar myself :).

Can I ask what it is that you would associate love with? When I read what you say, my mind goes to the author of “the Shack” with the shack being a metaphor where we get hurt. where we might be able to go to Jesus in hurt but not to God. Childhood with secrets and either running to religion or rebellion. But that in his case he had difficulty with God as father so in the book God is portrayed as female.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvjRiun3MA

I can identify with having problems with either what you say Kathy with thinking of God as mother or father. In fact I have difficulty with authority figures period!

I know where it comes from. I am dyselxic and I grew up at a time where deslexia wasn’t something that was checked out at school. So, when displaying symptoms of dyslexia, I was told I was lazy or careless, that I needed to write more clearly etc. when I wready was doing the best I could. Parents treated me like that too. I was diagnised dyselxic 4 years ago. And along wiht the relief of having awareness for that, came a releas of anger. I’m talking BIG anger not someone just slammed the dorr in your face anger, we are talkgin the fury of a LION anger.

And I expressed that! With ensuing difficulty with parents and family. I still occasionsallly get angry with my sibliings – they still treat me as beg a trouble maker in the family. But with my parents, I feel OK. My dad died 3 years ago, I forgave him and in the last few months of his life he changed, softened and we had a time of closeness and peace. My mother in her greiving of my father’s death softened too and now we have a good relationship. It’s taken a lot of hard work and heartache but has been worth it for the peace anf love I expereince now.

Sometimes anger does pop up and I have to keep forgiving while validating the anger, not buring it. And I have to be careful about my attitude to authority figures so that I don’t project any feelings onto them. But I do have an inner peace and capacity to love and receive love now because of the way things have gone while still breaking down the walls I used to put up and still do put up with people to keep people out. I can let people get close now wihtout flinching! In my expereince it is a common problem with people feeling that they can’t be loved and pushing others away. And that is understandable if there expereince has been of being hurt by those who ought to have been loving to them.

My hope is to continue to heal from my past expereinces and perhpas inspire others to the same in the interest of having the freedom in the receiing and givng of love.

The trick I play on my mother now is if she is saying somethign I don’t like its to use humour and say she has to be nice to me because I am the one who gets to choose her retirement home *wink* :P :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Adam-Julians, I associate love with actions and behaviors.  I believe my childhood was a tremendous gift to my development as a strong and independent being. I learned early the lesson you spoke of, to not automatically trust authority figures.  To not assume that mothers are good and kind or loving.  I do not assume that earthly fathers are protective or all powerful either, mine couldn’t stop the abuse happening to me an my siblings. I learned to automatically start out believing a child if they spoke of being abused.  I was formed into a hyper-observer early in my existence and it has served me very well in my experience.  I have used the template of Jesus as a huge beacon for standards with others and myself. We fail but some of us come pretty close for mere flesh and blood.   I like to meditate on the qualities of love expressed in Corinthian’s too of course.

I was blessed with a very, very good imagination Adam, I was completely comfortable at a very early age (4-5 years of age) to latch onto the idea of a benevolent Heavenly Father who was ultimately working things out for me in my life, a heavenly Father that was all powerful and all knowing and always present.  I began my faith at such an early age, with such need and devotion that it made me a very weird kid.  I felt vulnerable to my mother but at the same time I felt somehow protected from death from my heavenly Father. Looking back I don’t know why I had such a strong sense of protection from God, but I must admit it was there and it did give me enough optimism to want to continue to learn and grow with a hope of deliverance from my mother, eventually.

I have been very sheltered in some ways by my faith and belief in love and the benevolence of God, whatever He/She/They may be.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I wanted to add, I wasn’t as angry about the abuse of my mother due to the early adopted idea that I had, that she was somehow “broken” or “not right”.  I was able to create enough emotional distance between she and I, that somehow anger didn’t build up in me. I was also a very expressive child. I would fuss at my mother in later years after the abuse. I became able to speak with her even after a physical battle.  I was turned into a knee-jerk reactive, sure,  lol, but not a super angry knee-jerk reactive.  Lots of people misjudge my quickness to offer my dissent as aggressive anger, actually its just a sort of learned behavior to stop all misconceptions of my cooperation with whatever authoritative abuse I think I see raising it’s putrid head. lol. I don’t cooperate with abuse, I call it by name and denounce it.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Kathy – thanks for sharing.

Wow you have a sense of God at the age of 4? that’s amazing. As I read you say that, I recall my own childhood and somehow being aware of having another father to my natural father. I don’t know how to explain that, just there was an awreness. My father was more distant than my mother. I understand that for him, his father was away at war and he didn’t have a bond with him. It worked out that way for him with me and my siblings which was sad for him. I recall my mother saying that he had wept both for the lack of bond with his father and also the lck of bond with me and my siblings. I guess war has that effect – what chance did he have of being a father if that was never modelled to him?

With mum – her dad served in the first world war – his leg was shot, becam gangrenous and was cut off, he was also poisoned with nustard gas. He had waht sounds like PTSD befoe PTSD was regognised but called “battle fatigue”. He was patriacal, my grandmother coped with alcohol. So mum had the bond with her siblings who prented here but there were issues with hrer paretns too. So what chance di she have with the modelling of parenthood she had – again the result of war. She admetted to me after much challenge by me of hving been overburdening. We have a good relationship now after having done the tough and heartbreaking thign of years of work on it. Now if there is any difficulty I tease her and tell her that she has to be nice to me because I get to choose her retirement home :).

I hope things with your mother will improve. It sucks when tings with the family are not good.

Yeah I hear ya with what you say about abuse and calling it out. Perhaps you get a similar reaction to what I do seomtimes? That folks are uncomfortable with directness? I’m thinking something just yesterday that someone said about something not being like Jeus in a particular behaviour. Iwent – that’s a load of bollocks. followed by saying that what he was tlking about was the “gentle Jesus meek and mild” that is social conditioning by the church. It puts people in fear of diaproval and is a way that people in positions of authority control others. I don’t see Jesus after turning over the tables in the temple saying “I’m sorry I lost my temper” or the gemtle Jesus meek and mild when he called some of the pharisees hypocrites, whitewashed tombs or demonised Peter. Gentle Jesus meek and mild? Screw that – yes he was compassionat and had a tender side to him , loved children, empowered women etc. But also he was a warrior, a king, not afraid to stand up and do whats right!

What you say about the blessing of imagination and being sheltered by God is beautiful Kathy :)

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

There’s no need to be savedNo need to be afraidCause when it’s doneGod takes everyone
    God loves everyone

So interesting that my focus was on the above and it turned into a discussion about Mothers.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think mother is a trigger word, lol, Ang.  I must say that with lots of time out of the direct control of my mother, with lots of geographical distance, I have found the ability to exist without the lurking anxiety that always accompanies me being around her.  Living and raising my children without physical violence of any kind also helped in my heart and soul,somehow healing enough so that I can at least talk to my mother over the phone. We both try to have as kind and polite and light conversations as possible, it’s a work in progress but I am hopeful that by the time either of us dies we will be somehow farther along in our healing, where each other is concerned. I would like to mourn my mother’s passing not just see it as a new level of freedom from fear. I want to like my mother, all kids do, I imagine.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.