I have no idea what catagory to put this BS in…

Blog Forums Reconstruction Atheism, Agnosticism & Science I have no idea what catagory to put this BS in…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thejadedfool
    thejadedfool
    Participant
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think you’ve got a point there, maybe we need a forum called “If it smells like…”

Profile photo of Shift
    Shift
    Participant

Someone needs to open up a history book…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe he never saw the Dances With Wolves movie – ouch!

Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

Oh David Barton.   He was the topic of many a blog post for me.   There are some theists out there – Barton, Comfort, Craig, Robertson, and Ham to name a few, that speak about some of the worst things that have happened historically and recently with such authority that it makes me want to kick them in the shin.  Which is big, because I’m pretty non-violent.

These people manage to do a much better job than I as a non-theist could ever do at turning people away from religion.   Whether it’s Barton saying this, William Lane Craig using the Bible to excuse the death of children, or Ray Comfort using the Holocaust as a platform to support his anti-abortion views; the only thing they accomplish is creating anger and divisiveness.   When I was in the church I could not put enough distance between myself and theists like this.   Anyone with any measure of common sense, even if their history is off, knows this is complete BS.  Unfortunately there are those who continue to listen to voices like this.   As long as these voices have an audience, we will always have a problem.

Helene
    Participant

He’s promoting a book at the moment – yes? He’s a sociopathic shame job to me, a Pat Robertson mini me, and the title ‘Christian historian’ is looking really flimsy…

All that said, there were some good comments. This one made me laugh:

Joe Redbear
    This dude has a whacked sense on History. Must of forgotten who invaded this country…. How it was Natives who saved his ancestors from starvation… kept them warm, took care of there sick. Then invited the rest of there clan over here…broke there promises…took land and pushed the Natives off there own home land….. NO…Were the Bad ones for wanting what was ours to begin with…. Take your Bible Thumping ways and get off our land you Fricking Idiot. And if we should by chance meet in what you call Heaven? I’m putting an arrow in your ass!

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

This notion of torture is really hypocritical since Catholic priests started burning indians at the stake for witchcraft as soon as they got here.  Around 1540, the Spanish sent Francisco Vásquez de Coronado to put down an uprising in New Mexico. He did and took up residence with 230 soldiers and 800 servants among the Pueblo Indian tribes. That year, a Spaniard raped an Indian woman. Coronado refused to punish him, and the Indians retaliated by stealing horses. Punishment was swift as 200 men were burned at the stake.

Those Christians are so ethical.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.