Original Poetry (Fixed)

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively Original Poetry (Fixed)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RevOxley
    RevOxley
    Participant

I mentioned in the Embracing Doubt potluck that I had written some poetry that really got at the emotions I experienced during my de-conversion process.  I thought I’d share the rest of my writing that has been associated with that time, even though all of these were written within the last year. Sometimes I battle depression, usually I’m a very happy person but when it does take me over I tend to write things like this – which are based on memories that still hurt sometimes.  Trigger Warning.

All of the poems are actually part of images that I thought fit them, and I don’t have access to the original text, so I’m linking to an album from here:

Original Poetry

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Matt – thanks for being so honest and vulnerable in sharing your deepest, darkest feelings expressed through your poetry. (That is the only time I can write poetry too – when I’m in the most intense, gut-wrenching pain.) I’m so  sorry this “death of God” and all the losses related to it have resulted in such excruciating, unrelentless emotional pain and torture. You are indeed a very courageous man to continue to battle with despair and depression day after day. I can’t even imagine! I’m glad you have joined us and that you have found a safe place and safe people with whom to share your journey and your insights. Wish I could give you a great big hug in person!! :)

Profile photo of RevOxley
    RevOxley
    Participant

Thank you Jo, I’m very fortunate in that my depression only occurs in spurts – a week or two at a time maybe once every 8-12 months. 90% of the time I’m incredibly happy and surrounded by people that reinforce my happiness.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I’m SO glad to hear you are happy 90% of the time, cuz I have experienced severe depression/suicidal thoughts in the past (I don’t anymore thanks to Zoloft!) and I know how much that SUCKS!  Really, really happy you don’t experience depression very often anymore!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.