Outside the Goldfish Bowl of Christian Religion

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Outside the Goldfish Bowl of Christian Religion

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter Stanley
    Peter Stanley
    Participant

I’m not sure where this post should go. I’ve been a member of TLS for some months and have posted and made comments in the past, but at the back of my mind has been the question, “Do I really fit in, and could the story of my journey of being outside the goldfish bowl of Christian RELIGION for over 40 years be helpful to others who are now on that journey?”

Among other things I have been listening to the “Meet a member podcasts” and finding that I can empathise with so much that is being said despite the fact that I have never been in a leadership position within a church; that I came as an adult from an Anglican background; and I’ve never been an evangelical.
    It was at the end of July that I listened to another broadcast by Bob Greaves – The Unconventional Pastor – who was talking about his understanding of the relationship between our emotions, our focus and our perspective. Among other things Bob is a linguistic anthropologist who has a particular interest in the relationship between Koine Greek; the Latin Vulgate; and the real meaning of many ‘theological’ words.
    As someone who lives with Aspergers Syndrome I have been trying to piece the story of my journey together in a meaningful way – and that is something that is so very difficult – especially for someone who might be seen as an extreme introvert who is far from being shy (there was a particularly good post on Huffington Post yesterday about introverts).
    It was around 2006 that I created a series of six posts where I tried to bring together much of my questioning of the foundations of the Christian FAITH at that time

When I look back to my understanding around 2006 I realise how much my thoughts have changed since then – especially after I told my wife four years ago that I could no longer attend church with her (I still take her and pick her up).

http://outsidethegoldfishbowl.wordpress.com

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Peter Stanley Peter Stanley.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of Peter Stanley Peter Stanley.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Peter,

Just read your “welcome” on your blog and I am just smiling from ear to ear – it is so nice to meet another who raises some of the exact questions as myself, and, at least as far as the welcome, I don’t sense bitterness or hostility towards the church on your part and that is super important too.  I look forward to digging into your blog some more and having some conversations.  I am really new to TLS and I am glad to be here – at least so far :)

Kristina

Founder, SeeingGod Ministries

http://www.Facebook.com/SeeingGod

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.