A Place of Healing

Blog Forums Deconstruction Family & Friends A Place of Healing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ang Ang 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

I’ve been away from this group for almost 2 weeks.  Life and my family threw me into an anger/pain cycle.  It’s a rare thing for me because my defenses are pretty hard to get through.  I’ve spent the morning sitting on my patio, drinking tea, and reading through the new stories posted here.  You guys are amazing!  It’s very different to be in a community where no one is trying to one-up the other.  Where we recognize that while we have similarities, or pain is unique to us.  The transparency and authenticity of what you all have shared has comforted and encouraged me.   I’m so very humbled to be here in this place of healing.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  David Hayward.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  David Hayward.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome back servantgirl.  Although I have yet to be very transparent I too find this forum to be a safe place of healing through all of you.  And I’m sorry for your cycle of anger/pain.  Glad you are finding ‘rest and peace.’

Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

What I love about being here maliborn is that if you never choose to share your story, it’s totally ok!  There are things here that I agree with wholeheartedly  but instead of commenting, I take them in as part of my growth.  I like silently soaking it all in at times.   I’ve learned from you, even without knowing your story. :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Nice to have you back on the forum Servantgirl.  Your post was the first one I read when I joined two weeks ago.  Like you, I often read personal stories and/or comments and don’t always comment, but it doesn’t mean it’s not affected me in some way.  I find I go through waves of posting frequently and times of letting the messages soak in.  It’s nice to feel like we can just be ourselves without any expectations…and like you so nicely expressed “where no one is trying to one-up the other.” I hope you’ll find the forum a soft spot to land as you move through that anger/pain cycle that’s come your way.

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Yes, Servantgirl, I can relate to what you say.  And like you, I haven’t told my story yet either.  But just being among others that ‘get it’ is so amazing to me.  I don’t have that in any of my other friends or family.   I feel safe here and feel I can be ‘me’….  That is a good thing. I am comfortable here, thanks to YOU and others like you.

I still have triggers that get me sometimes but it is getting better.  And I hope all gets better for you too.  I wish we could have been on the patio together, you with your tea and me with my soda.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.