Andrew Wommack

Blog Forums Deconstruction The Church Andrew Wommack

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Christop Christop 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Danielle
    Participant

Please tell me someone else has come across this preacher. He’s from the States and, like so many things from the States, it makes its way to the rest of the world. My four cousins (all siblings) are into his teachings at the moment, and the way they talk, he’s Jesus. Wommack says this, Wommack says that. “The problem with you kids is you think you’ve invented the Holy Spirit,” says their mother, which I think is hilarious. But it comes with some serious stuff – God ALWAYS wants to heal, and if he doens’t, it’s your fault.

My mother recently had a bone marrow transplant. She had a 80 – 90% chance of surviving. Needless to say, I was stressed out of my mind the day of the transplant.

Out of courtesy, I txt the cousins to let them know the bone marrow transplant has been completed.
    Cousin no.3: “Oh, thank goodness, it’s all over now.”
    Me: “Not really, the first 100 days is crucial, as a lot of things can go wrong.”
    Cousin no.3: “No, it’s over.”

I lost the plot. Usually I would ignore her sermons, but this time, the stress got to me.

I find that so condescending and rude. TELLING someone that it’s “over”, when it’s just begun. The message I was meant to take is, because we believed, she was going to be totally fine.

I then got more sermons about how she “runs in circles where people experience no stress.”

Yeah right. If your mother has a 10-20% chance of dying, I don’t care who you are – stressed you will be.

Profile photo of Christop
    Christop
    Participant

Hey, sorry to hear this. I haven’t heard of this preacher, but that kind of message seems to be popular among some people. Are your relatives using his teaching to avoid being affected by what’s going on for your mother?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.