Babies and bathwater

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On Babies and bathwater

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Danielle 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

Danielle
    Participant

It saddens me a little too. My brother did this – everything to do with religion is bad now. I can’t think like that – I’ve gotten so much from my faith through the years.

There are heaps of things I’m retaining from my faith – still trying to figure out what :)

Off the top of my head, though, I quite like the idea that we are not perfect, that we “miss the mark” and should work on ourselves. I know this idea can be taken too far and make people feel like they are worms (as someone put it in one of the forums), and therein lies the balance.

Here are some others:
    – Being just and merciful
    – Not just living for yourself and your own family (loving your neighbour, looking after the poor etc.)
    – Being humble / seeing others as more important than yourself (again, balance needs to be achieved here)
    – Taking time to meditate (prayer is Christian meditation, says my boss :) and recharge
    – The idea of “taking every thought captive”, i.e. we are in charge of our thoughts – this is what they teach in cognitive behaviour therapy and helps for someone who tends towards the OCD – to think they were so ahead of their time :)
    – Forgiving others
    -Thinking on whatever is good, pure, etc (I could never memorise that verse, however hard I tried, but I have memorised the idea :)

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.