Beaten

This topic contains 16 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 2 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So sorry you are going through such bad physical and emotional (thanks to your MIL) pain Moxie! I am sorry you have so many health issues that you don’t remember what it is like not to be in pain. That truly sucks!! I hope your back stops hurting soon.

I think your MIL and my mother may be sisters – ha! At least my mother lives 2,000 miles away and I have caller ID (plus Call-Blocking) so I don’t have to listen to the same kind of crazy-making statements your MIL makes to you. I would suggest screening your calls, especially when you are having a really bad day.  It’s OK to create boundaries to protect yourself from emotional/spiritual abuse. (Easier said than done I know when it involves family members.)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Aww man, sorry Moxie. I have had that same experience with my mom. I agree with Jo, caller ID is your friend.  And the guilt cartoon that David just posted today also applies really well to these situations. We feel compelled as women, I believe, to make it work with our MIL’s and moms, even when they are out of line.

It is a hard line to walk. A very hard line. The advice everyone else gave above, is even helping me!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.