Best Attempt at Explaining Personal Situation

Blog Forums Deconstruction Family & Friends Best Attempt at Explaining Personal Situation

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Gerrard 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Gerrard
    Participant

I think the situation is cooling down and yes I need to tell my mother that she raised me right. My parents gave me everything they could. Their beliefs just got lumped into it because that was their worldview. Their worldview shaped me. Their worldview taught me to love wisdom and proper respectful morals. Their worldview ultimately got me onto my feet. Now I must walk and wander the universe in search of my own truth.

shade
    Participant

i just got done reading this whole thread. hearing that other people struggle with the mom-boundary thing helps so much to hear.

the book ideas are great too. i’m in the middle of constantly severing from my parents. one thing i’ve noticed, is that since i was raised to fear, it’s in everything i breathe. if i’m suddenly uncertain and then delve into the why of it, i’ll find there’s a fear of going against g-d or something equally dire.

fear likely drives our parents to continue to hang onto us, worrying over our souls, our hearts, our lives, long past when it’s healthy.

thanks for starting this thread.

Gerrard
    Participant

Thank you everyone
    Im not sure if ill ever willfully reveal to my mom that I’m not a Christian and its highly unlikely that I’ll ever do mental gymnastics enough to become one (again)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.