Breaking Amish

Blog Forums Deconstruction Family & Friends Breaking Amish

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Has anyone seen the show “Breaking Amish” on TLC?  The 2nd episode airs this evening, and I have to admit, I’m quite fascinated.  I feel for the young people who are curious about life outside of their Amish heritage and consequently shunned and rejected by their families and community.  Sound at all familiar?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  David Hayward.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  David Hayward.
    Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

Haven’t seen it honeyglow.  However, a couple of years back my wife and I watched a documentary on the Jonestown fiasco. While we have never drank Kool-Aid (in that fashion) the whole thing felt familiar to us.

Profile photo of pamwerner
    pamwerner
    Participant

Honeyglow,

I am watching it! I am fascinated with all of these shows…Meet the Hutterites, all of them.  I can’t imagine the culture shock!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I  have always been fascinated with anything to do with the Amish. Maybe because I am a “farmgirl” at heart and love that slower pace of life.

I’ve seen “Breaking Amish.”  What a hugely difficult choice for such sheltered teenagers to have to make!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.