chakras?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of agnosticbeliever AgnosticBeliever 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SavageSoto
    SavageSoto
    Participant

Do any of you know much about the idea of “chakras”? About all I know about them is that they are like energy centers(?) in the body that can cause physical/spiritual issues when they are out of whack. Trying to find out more about them though.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Hey @savagesoto… this is the best summary I’ve come across: http://www.chopra.com/community/online-library/terms/chakras

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have a pretty basic understanding of them and have done some work with them. My first introduction to them, interestingly enough, was through a Christian psychologist. He was definitely more psychologist than he was Christian – which was fine by me. But I did have some powerful, healing experiences working with them.

Chopra does have a good way of talking about them and dealing with them.

Do you have any specific questions or just looking for general information?

Profile photo of SavageSoto
    SavageSoto
    Participant

Thanks David!

That’s interesting Shae. Yeah, I was just seeking general information for the most part.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I just started looking into chakras so I don’t know that much yet. But it seems to make sense. I did a chakra “threading exercise” yesterday that I found on Carol Tuttle’s website. She has good info and exercises for chakras, but she also has all kinds of materials she wants to sell to people, so you have to listen to her spiel before she gets to the part you are actually interested in.

I would like to know what each of the 7 symbols mean for each chakra.  Anyone know???

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

They are energy centers….you have 7 main ones that are supposed to be tied to your physical and mental health. Energy travels through them and if the energy is blocked, that manifests as problems. There are meditations and yoga poses you can do for them. There are plenty of books on Chakras but the internet has a lot of good sources as well.

Here is some more info

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-91/The-7-Chakras-for-Beginners.html

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.