dreaming but being ok in reality

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On dreaming but being ok in reality

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Emily Riley

i’ve been thinking a lot lately about dreaming but also learning to be okay with reality. for example, ted and i are both job hunting. the jobs i want pay about 30% more than the jobs I think i can get (and the job i’m currently waiting to hear back if i got from my interview last week and today). the jobs ted wants don’t pay as much as he would like either. so life is about balancing what we want and what we need.

the relationship with my family is the same. i’m in the process of writing them a letter. its kind of a goodbye (unless they are willing to be reconciled and follow some of what we’ve asked for… i.e. meet in the presence of a licensed therapist, etc). so i’m hopeful that maybe they would want a relationship and be willing to work with us but i’m also trying to reconcile that with the reality that history doesn’t show they’ve been willing to do that in other relationships so i need to prepare for the worst.

we want to adopt. we want to start a family (and that hasn’t happened with biological attempts). but we need to pay off my medical bills and credit card debt from me being out of work before we do that. we don’t want to add more expenses when we are struggling to survive now. so we want the best jobs possible because the sooner we pay off debt the sooner we get to have a family. but for now that’s realistically at least a couple years away.

don’t know. just emptying my brain i suppose. trying how to be okay with where we are in life but also staying hopeful for where we could be one day.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Wow I can’t wait to see how this unfolds!

Emily Riley

me too. lol.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

So I wonder how it’s going?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.