Facebook?

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Facebook?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter Stanley
    Peter Stanley
    Participant

When I signed up I included my Facebook address.

I’ve realised that there is no way of making contact with others on the site other than responding to posts and through chat.

Because I have lived with Aspergers Syndrome (or high functioning autism) the use of chat doesn’t come easily – and living in the UK we have a significant time difference.

I’ve also realised that as a committed Christian who has never been an evangelical, and who is convinced that nobody ends up in ‘hell’ when they die, that I have a very different perspective than many others here.

It was tough walking away from an Anglican church where I had been treasurer for 8 years and it was even tougher when as a member of a cult I was faced with a similar challenge 25 years later.  I’ve never been in leadership but I have found myself being a shoulder to lean on for pastors and elders on a few occasions – but after all the problems my wife and I are not exactly on the same wavelength. I don’t have any answers but I sense that some of the hundreds of questions that I asked over the years could be helpful for some of those on the earlier stages of that journey.

I had recently updated my blog without being sure of who my target audience was meant to be.  I’ve made a few changes based on what I have been reading here.  I’d appreciate the chance to get to know some of you.

I’m Peter Stanley on Facebook.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hi Pete, I sent you a friend request on facebook! Cheers!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I also sent you a friend request.  Pleased to meet you!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Pete, sending a friend request on facebook, looking forward to getting to know you

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.