Hello Everyone

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Hello Everyone

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cowboyjunkey cowboyjunkey 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Paula
    Participant

Hi there. My name is Paula and I live near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. I am brand new here. I have been following David’s nakedpastor cartoons for a while. I am in a period of searching in my life and I stumbled upon the nakedpastor site because another blogger had used one of the cartoons and it piqued my interest. Anyway. Long story short, I was born into the Anglican tradition, which my mother removed us from promptly when she realized that it was leading us all to hell and she needed to follow a more fundamentalist path. I was forced (so she could sleep okay at night) at age 11ish to pray “the prayer of salvation” and obtain my “get out of hell free card and then pressured to follow the appropriate doctrine/theology/etc. Now, at 39 and whith children of my own I am struggling to find my way with a heart full of doubt, scepticism, fear, and a lot of really tough questions. I am looking forward to sharing my journey with folks who may be on the same path (or different ones) as I am.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Welcome Paula. Sounds like you’re going to fit right in!

Derek
    Participant

Welcome!

Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

Great to see a western Canadian! I live in Taber, Alberta. Me & my family travel to Steinbach once a year or so to visit my wife’s family so we travel through Brandon. I lived there for a couple of summers while doing my Master’s 10 years ago. I enjoyed my time in Brandon. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.