Hello, I'm new!

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Hello, I'm new!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pauline
    Participant

Hello all, my name is Pauline. I’m new to the site. I joined because very recently I’ve been feeling very alienated… and not just by the Church! I’m a Feminist Christian. People criticize me for this. Feminists are very confrontational and are questioning me how I can be Christian and a feminist. It would be fine if they were genuinely interested in understanding my beliefs but they’re not. Its about making a point even though I’m on their side.

Around my Christian friends and family I feel like I need to be quiet and not voice my opinions. Living in the very conservative South, its hard to find likeminded Christian people. I’m also disappointed by the lack of any authenticity in my age group- everything is all about selfish desires. Its all about “me”! I crave a humble, encouraging community. I also do need to keep working on my spirituality- its been lacking for the past three years after a very traumatic time in my life.

So I’m very curious and excited to join this community. I’ve always loved the NakedPastor comics because they’re thought-provoking. However, I do wonder if I’ll be out of place here as I am definitely a Church-going Catholic. Mass helps me with my spirituality.

irreverance
    Participant

Hi Pauline! Welcome to TLS. I think you will find that there are people both inside and outside the church here. All in all, however, I think we are all exploring our own potentials and trying to grow. Fwiw, my favorite liturgical experience is Communion.

Don’t be afraid to engage in conversation and express yourself here. Dialogue is a great way to strengthen our listening abilities and find our own voice.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Hi Pauline! Welcome! Yes, there are people in and out of the church here, as well as right across the spectrum in terms of belief. However, I would safely bet that all of us are strong advocates of feminism.

Paula
    Participant

I cannot speak for the other members, but I am actually in awe of those who have a strong faith. It is something I personally struggle with, even though I wish I did have a faith. Issues such as those faced by women are the very things that make me doubt a lot of what I’ve been taught. What I have found about this site is that regardless of where you are at in you beliefs or lack thereof, you will find respectful dialogue here. And that is just great all around.

Welcome!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Paula.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Well said Paula!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.