Hi Friends

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Hi Friends

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Myrurgia
    Myrurgia
    Participant

Nice to be here. I followed a link from Patheos to this site and decided why not…

I’m female, 38 years young, Latina, divorced with no children. I live just outside of the New York City area. Presbyterian and a Sunday School co-teacher. This co-teacher was out today because she is sick :(

I love cooking and I have had a recipe that had 20,000 reviews online published in magazine recently. I love ratchet TV, like the Real Housewives and what not LOL. It’s a guilty pleasure. When I’m not pigging out on that, I watch food network all day everyday. Chopped is my favorite program.

I work in the medical management field. I am planning to start an online MBA program in that field sometime next year, God-willing.

Well so far this is what I want to share. Anything you want to ask me feel free. I respect all faiths and non-faiths. I will always be honest with my answers, and I’m not into “preaching.” Nothing worse than a bible-thumper, IMO. I should mention that I also walked away from the church many years ago and recently reconnected with my faith again after many many trials and tribulations that I believe were designed to make me stronger and to rely fully on God for everything.

Chao for now.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hi Miriam! Welcome!

Profile photo of Schroedingers-Cat
    Schroedingers-Cat
    Participant

Welcome Miriam. One quick question, which you can answer as you like (or not at all): What helped or enabled you to reconnect with your faith?

I ask, because one of my passions is for people who can no longer be within a church to retain their faith – maybe changed, maybe very different. The biggest dis-service the church does, IMO, is to drive people away from a Christian faith, or any faith.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Miriam – welcome!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Miriam! I haven’t been on this site for awhile and am finally getting around to checking it.

congrats on the popularity of your recipes!!! I”m a health coach and love food, but creating recipes is not my thing. :)

What is it that drew you to this community?

Welcome!

Kellie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.