Hi, I’m Jeff, and I don’t always know how to identify myself

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Hi, I’m Jeff, and I don’t always know how to identify myself

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  irreverance 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant

I’m Jeff King. I live in Kansas. I work at a community college and part time for a church, serving as a pastoral caregiver. In the last 5-10 years, I have seen my faith simultaneously become more authentic and strong, and at the same time seem to evaporate. I used to be very clear how I identified myself in terms of theological camps. Now I am content to allow Jesus to open his table to whoever wants to hang out (and even to those who don’t think they want to right now). This change has been both exhilarating and a source of periods of despair. As a result, I shy away from identifying myself in any particular camp. This isn’t where I anticipated I would be in my mid-50’s. But I am discovering like Paul that His grace is sufficient.

Profile photo of debbiedarline
    debbiedarline
    Participant

Welcome Jeff! I like your phrase “change has been both exhilarating and a source of periods of despair”. I can relate to that. I’m also in my mid-fifties and I have found myself creating theological “boxes” over the years to frame my faith. They work for a season – until I knock down the walls in despair and create a new box.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

There is no box. ;)

Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

Boxes can be helpful :)

Looking forward to see you around here.

Derek
    Participant

Welcome! Nice to have you with us. I can relate to feeling as if there is no correct label for what I am. I hope you find this community a helpful one.

irreverance
    Participant

Hi Jeff, welcome to the table.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.