How do we respond to questions challenging our decision to leave church, etc?

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On How do we respond to questions challenging our decision to leave church, etc?

This topic contains 32 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Richard 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cdevon
    cDevon
    Participant

If you think about it Jesus had basically the same problem.  The Sanhedrin look at him and followed him to find fault in what he was doing.  They could not.  And when he went to trial, he did not try to defend himself, because he knew his truth.  And he knew where he and the father stood.  That is really all that matters.  Ok, so you don’t believe in a god, do you believe in yourself?  Do you believe in your decision to leave, even if right now it doesn’t feel so great?  Than you believe in The Great Divine because we are all one.  No matter what we call our god, whether we believe or not, we are still all a part of the circle of life that is the ALL.

Wade
    Participant

Not sure I’d seen this thread before. It kinda feels like I have; maybe my spiritual journey is just a little further along now and it resonates better with where I’m currently at.

I haven’t told anyone in my church that I’m thinking of leaving. They are only seeing me there less of the time.

However, I’ve told my Bible Study that I’m a journey. I haven’t told them much because none of them are in a place to understand why I’m getting into what I am. But I am looking for a way to tell them praying for me to “know Christ better” is really quite mis-guided. I know some of them have seen people brought to Christ. I know most of them know the frustration of watching friends and family not come to Christ. I’m pretty sure they haven’t seen anyone fall away from Christ anything like I am.

The odd thing is that what I’m doing know is coming away from the institution of the church. I’m fairly sure most members of my home group won’t really understand the distinction. :-/

Wade.

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

When people challenge me for not going to church, I challenge them for going to church.

This follows the principle that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.