Moving On in the New Year

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On Moving On in the New Year

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of off-the-map Off the map 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

StarryNight
    Participant

The question I am asking myself for this New Year is this: What am I grasping? What is clutched into my fingers so tight that I would be much better off letting it loose. And what is loosely within my reach that I would be much better off holding on to?

When put into the context of Moving On, how would you process what you are and are not grasping? What is in your heart for this next season?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Chad, awesome question. I don’t like New Year’s Resolutions, and this year I’ve noticed a lot of people are not making them or asking about them, but rather, asking thought-provoking questions of themselves and others like this one.

I would be more successful in moving forward, at any given moment, if I could just let go of control and expectations. Assumptions. Assuming I know what’s right and what’s wrong – what’s owed me and what I owe others. As Katie would ask, “Is that true?” Haha, no, not usually!

And as always, I’m trying to be in this moment and not in the past or in the future – that seems to solve a lot of angst for me.

Do you know what you are grasping, or are you still considering the question?

StarryNight
    Participant

Tana, those are great things to let go of! Thank you for sharing.

I am still in the process of processing! I’ve been meditating on the word “grasping” the last couple of days. I am looking right now at my relationships thinking about how I often find my worth in them. I think I’ve grasped on to some people too damn hard while ignoring some others.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

I’m wondering about this…

http://www.salon.com/2013/01/16/religion_may_not_survive_the_internet/

And this year for the first time in 31 years I am not buying into the hype of Christianity. I grasped it for so long. (all the patriarchy, all the narrow minded “it’s a relationship” talk, all of it. ) What if I let go of the grasping… what will happen? What will fall away? I’m curiously watching it all unfold.

Profile photo of off-the-map
    Off the map
    Participant

Starfielder – the Salon article is really a nice resource.  I need to read it again and search some of the links that look really great.  and Chad – what a good question.  Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.