My Bags Are Packed I'm Ready To Go

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy My Bags Are Packed I'm Ready To Go

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cdevon
    cDevon
    Participant

Several nights back, we had what was supposed to be a very bad storm. The weather channel was forecasting 60mh winds, and it was headed right for us.  I live in a trailer, not much I could do if it.  I guess I could go in the bathroom and get in the tub.  Maybe throw a mattress over me.  BUT, if a tornado decided to come across my plot of ground, there is not a hell of a lot I could do.

So I sat there thinking about this being my last night on earth.  Was I ready to meet my maker?  Was I read to die and how did I feel about that?  It’s interesting because my first thoughts were what the church says about that.   Was I right with god?  Was I going to a firery  hell?  I heard my father voice as over the years he had pleaded with me to give my life to god.  I sat there and pondered these questions.

Was I afraid to die?  I know Christians who are afraid they didn’t do something write, maybe they forgot to dot all their i’s.  Worried that they had made too many mistakes to allowed to enter into the pearly gates.  I wish they could see the kingdom of the Great Divine from my eyes.  And know it, like I do.  But nothing can change their minds from what their religion has taught them.  Sometimes I get angry with them cause I don’t understand how they could miss what is right in front of them.  Then I remember the bible says to those that have ears let them hear.

Jesus left us with a great mystery.  Having eyes to see and ears to hear is a part of that mystery.  Not everyone will see it.  Jesus does save the dead.  When he went to paradise he drew those from the old testament to himself.  Proof that death from this life does not end in a fire for eternity.  But we do walk through the refining fires that separates the gold from the crud.  So instead of feeling angry I need feel compassion.

Back to the Question at hand.  Am I ready to meet my maker, am I ready to depart this clay planet for a reality beyond any comparison?  Yes, I am ready.  I know the Great Divine and it knows me.  We are already one in mind, then we will be one in spirit also.

I sat there unafraid of the storm.  I had nothing to fear.  My bags are packed and I’m ready to go.

Comments Please

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Interesting subject – and I like what you said! Right on!! My bags are packed and I’m ready to go too. See you then!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sounds peaceful actually. In the swirl of the storm outside and potential destruction, inside your heart there was peace.

And now I have that song in my head. Thanks for the ear-worm ;)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Whether there’s a Heaven or not, I agree @cDevon that we should be as ready as possible to finish this race well. Thanks… from the land free of tornadoes but with deep-freeze temperatures and icy roads that kill people.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Whether there’s a Heaven or not, I agree @cDevon that we should be as ready as possible to finish this race well. Thanks… from the land free of tornadoes but with deep-freeze temperatures and icy roads that kill people.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe your land @David is free of tornadoes…here in the west not so much unfortunately plus we also get icy roads and freezing temps.  not sure why my “@ whomevers” aren’t showing up as orange links.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

We only have earthquakes here in Southern California. Too bad there’s no warning system for those.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Jo_White   we still aren’t used to the earthquakes here.  But we used to live at the base of a volcano in WA state and had an evacuation plan for when it erupted. Seems there is something everywhere.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.