Pantheism/Panentheism

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy Pantheism/Panentheism

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  robink 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SavageSoto
    SavageSoto
    Participant

All this searching for God that goes on in the world…what if perhaps what we search for is really just ourselves — our true selves that manifests physically as the universe? What if we are the dog chasing it’s own tail? Is it such a crazy idea when stacked up alongside the invisible cosmic ruler perception of God?

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Well read some Carl Jung and you’ll find out a lot about how it comes down to discovering self…

Mary Chapin Carpenter says the following:

Jericho

You can’t see me yet, seeing takes a long, long time.From the outside in, measuring each shift and sound.But as you let your eyes adjust to the darkness deep within,Sifting through the ash and dust, we are the places that we’ve been.And you can’t hear me yet, listening takes a long, long time.And I’ve so much to tell, but words die on these lips of mine.But in the stillness you may sense everything I long to say,Unraveling like golden threads, the walls will all come down this way.And you don’t know me yet, knowing takes a long, long timeAnd time is all we have, never travelling in straight lines.So memorize each turn and twist, and just be careful as you goFor love is a labyrinth and my heart is Jericho.

SavageSoto
    Participant

I like that :)

robink
    Participant

@savagesoto, Do you read any Marcus Borg/Roger Wolsey/John Shelby Spong?  They pretty much promote panetheism or something close to it.

SavageSoto
    Participant

@Robin K: I’ve never heard of Roger Wolsey but I’ve read Spong and Borg. They definitely had an impact on my idea of God.

robink
    Participant

@savagesoto Cool.  Roger Wolsey wrote a book called Kissing Fish.  It’s pretty good.  I’d say it’s not quite as progressive as Spong, but he does think of himself as a panentheist.  It was a good read and I recommend it.  He is a Methodist minister in Colorado.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.