Preacher's Wife No More

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Preacher's Wife No More

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Vinny
    Vinny
    Participant

Howdy all, greetings from Chicago.  Raised Catholic, became Baptist (but not hardcore), then Methodist (my wife is a Methodist pastor, but on leave).  We have a 5 1/2 year-old son who is awesome.

We made a decision to leave our current church back in the beginning of summer and really haven’t missed it, but spending Christmas with my family (big church-goers) will be interesting.

I was going to post a big long story but I think it needs to be slimmed down quite a bit.  Happy to be here!

R2
    Participant

Hi Vinnie, happy to see you here!  I was raised Baptist (hardcore) then attended a Methodist church for 8 years, then a pentecostal-light one for a year before finally leaving for good a little over a year ago. Haven’t missed it a bit either. :-)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Nice to meet you Vinny. Can’t wait to hear more about you.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome Vinny. Your pic is in shadow and I am wondering ciao bello or ciao bella?  I think I said ciao bello to you and maybe I was wrong? Glad to have you here, catch you in chat, hopefully.  :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Welcome to the neighborhood Vinny! Looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Profile photo of Vinny
    Vinny
    Participant

@Kathy, that’s my son sitting in a baseball dugout this past summer.  Definitely ciao bello for me, I may have sung in the choir at my wife’s church but I sure as hell didn’t perform any other stereotypical “preacher’s wife” duties like playing piano or hosting teas for the little old ladies.  I did get pinched on the ass by a couple though…

Profile photo of Ruth Anne
    Ruth Anne
    Participant

I can teach you the piano Vinny – as a former pastor’s wife… welcome!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

i’m a former pastor’s wife’s husband

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Ciao bello! Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. V.!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.