Purge

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Purge

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Maybe we need a forum for rants. I love a good rant, it purges the soul. I just started to read Jo’s rant and in the back of my mind my own little rant started. My rants, especially ones inspired by other rants tend to be full of language that would make my dead mother get out of her grave just to slap me. This past Easter weekend as we processed the loss of our own beloved son, and family super hero, we granted each other carte blanch license to say and or do what ever we needed in order to process our grief. More on that in a minute.

Here’s my mini rant, really mini. There is no more poignant moment than the death of ones children. The thing is though, that it seems to draw out the need to express hope through religious construct. It’s as if the fear factor drives people to their hiding places, and they call out from behind the pillars of their constructs, “He’s in a better place now”. It’s not that I don’t hope for the same thing, that’s not my point, my point is, why do we all have to run around like Chicken Little, why the fear. Now the fear is so couched in certainty that for most it does not look like fear at all, but it is.

Anyways, back to the license. So my daughter slides in to the vacant spot on the couch next to me, she has her laptop, she share’s this. OK, that’s a ridiculous rant, but now those four little words are stuck in my head, and they just seem to fit perfectly with my need to respond to some of the stupidly religious shit people say. So as the weekend unfolded and people sent us FB messages, we’d read them out loud and then together we’d say, PIPE the f…

So where am I with this. Do you ever have that happen? When you are so frenzied in your rant that you can’t remember what the fuck your talking about?

Wayne, WAYNE, PIPE the fuck down!!

Ok, sorry, ya.

Anyways, whatever my point was, I learned that fuck as hyphen is a very effective tool. So after watching the last Hangout I’d like to say to Mr Driscoll and anyone else who thinks they’ve got it all figured out, “Pipe the fuck down”.

Phew, I feel better. Thanks.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Go Wayne. Rant on….

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Oooops! That wasn’t Jo’s rant it was Helene’s

Helene
    Participant

Ah, I think that was a circle rant, all good

I love the soapboxy feel of rants, it’s very healthy

PTFD goes well with David’s cartoon, ‘phuckit’

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wayne – Glad you clarified that was Helen’s rant and not mine, cuz I didn’t think I’d been on any rants lately and I was racking my brain trying to figure out WHEN, WHERE, and WHAT I recently ranted about – ha!

You could be onto something really big here Wayne. I’m thinking “doing the PTFD thing” like your family did (which I LOVE!), is a far better alternative than stuffing your feelings and ending up with PTSD!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.