Sex Needs

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Persis 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gerrard
    Participant

My friend posited the idea that people need to be having sex constantly?

Where does those who identify as asexual but still express affection sometimes sexually?

What do you think?

I love sex, give it to me at least 12 hours a day.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Your friend says people need to have sex constantly?

Profile photo of seithman
    JarredH
    Participant

Do you know who one of my favorite authors that wrote about healthy sexuality is? Anton LaVey, writer of the Satanic Bible. When he wrote TSB, he pointed out that the members of the sexual liberation movement that insisted that all people needed to act a certain way to be “liberated” were no better than those who tried to push purity on others. Instead, he pushed the notion that people were individuals and had to work out for themselves the best way to express their sexuality based on their own needs and personal make-up.

It sounds to me like your friend is falling into that same “people need to act a certain way to be properly sexual” trap.

My personal needs tend to vary. Sometimes, I’m not interested in sex at all. Sometimes, I’d like it three times a week.

irreverance
    Participant

Yeah, I agree with Jerred, I really think it is best to give people the space to engage or not engage sexually as works best for them without judgement. When I hear statements like that, I wonder why someone would make that claim. What does that say about where they are coming from?

Persis

I also agree with Jerred. However I am one of those people who need it constantly. I need it like we need water. I don’t function without it. My brain registers the absence of sex as a slow and painful death.

Sex and intimacy are very important components of the human experience. But there is diversity in EVERYTHING. That’s what makes it all so very amazing. Our brains are far more than a processor.

Live fully

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.