Site feedback.

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Site feedback.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Syl Syl 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Wade
    Participant

It’s been been bugging me for a few weeks that the TLS pages always reset the scroll point to the top of the page. It means if I start scrolling before the page is completed, it interrupts me when the page is loaded.

Why was that feature added? Could it be removed?

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Yup, drives me crazy! But that doesn’t take much ha ha ha ha ha ha

Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

Yup I find that annoying too …  Here’s some other things:

I love the Dashboard but I would love it if when you click on someone’s new post it go to the post and not just to the top of the post (basically the same as above).

Now the tougher one.  The posts are linear but real conversations are not.  For example some starts a topic and people reply to it but then everything just follows down from that.  Somehow if you could have a post as circle and then from there people could reply to it and converse but then if someone else sees something different they could reply from that.  Its kinda hard to describe but maybe someone else could pick up on this idea to describe it better.

Profile photo of cowboyjunkey
    cowboyjunkey
    Participant

I found it! Go to http://www.discourse.org/ and look about halfway down:
    Reply as a linked topic
    You don’t want to interrupt this scintillating conversation, but a post just triggered your memory about an upcoming event you think others should know about.
    No problem! Use “Reply as new topic” to keep everyone up to date without derailing the topic – and both topics will be visibly connected together.

Profile photo of Syl
    Syl
    Participant

Just posted this on the thread about chat and iPad but will add it here so tech items are in one spot:
    iPad (iOS) chat difficulties: In portrait, the toolbar at the bottom disappears. In landscape you can access it – but just barely. It’s still partially hidden. Once you’re in a chatroom, I’ve found it’s best to use the popout option, which opens the chat session in a separate window. As you type, the text of the chat is hidden – then when you pause for a sec it pops back up, so it continually bobs up and down while typing. If you hide the keyboard as soon as you’re done (lower right key showing the keyboard and a down arrow) the conversation pops back in, but may take a second to refresh. It’s not iOS friendly… But at least it is accessible and somewhat useable – but it’s much easier on a Mac or PC.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.