Slowly moving towards atheism, but-

Blog Forums Reconstruction Personal Spirituality Slowly moving towards atheism, but-

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andreas 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

CeciliaDavidson
    Participant

I’m at the point where I’m becoming more comfortable with my not really believing a god exists (or, if a god exists, I’d rather not make an attempt on focusing on it). The only issue I’ve been finding is trying to grasp the consequences of my changes in thought, because being a nonbeliever in these parts is still considered tantamount to heresy. Previous attempts at explaining my position have led to extremely ignorant responses (How can people have a religion without a god?, and similar), and my not being of eloquent and coherent speech only serve to aggravate. The frustration that comes with trying to play the apologetics game has been reactivated recently, thanks to extremely recursive logic that I’ve seen on some Facebook posts and on the nakedpastor page. I’m not sure, honestly, how some of you find ways of putting up with people who have an active campaign against learning.

Andreas
    Participant

It’s often the arrogance that gets to me, arrogance masking fear. Then I think, fuck, who isn’t afraid of being wrong?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.