So Called New Age Practices

Blog Forums Reconstruction So Called New Age Practices

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of agnosticbeliever AgnosticBeliever 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Charles
    Charles
    Participant

So I just began starting my Reiki practices, and my Father-in-law sent me an email today chock full of scripture and admonitions to cease engaging in demonic and occult activity. He aslo sent me a YouTube video LOL. If you are interested, here is my response. You can see the video on the Facebook group, or follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbk-JK8elE8

“Hi Dad,

Thanks for your email. I truly appreciate your concern, but I want to explain a little more in detail about the philosophy and science behind Reiki. Biologically our cells carry electromagnetic charges that supply energy to the rest of the body. Our bodies are made up largely of water, about 70-80 percent to be exact, and water creates its own energy as well as conducting it. Between our makeup at the atomic level, and the water in our bodies we are walking energy factories. I know you know some of this already, but it helps me to articulate the information. So, this is not just myth; science actually bears this out. Recent Technology also affirms this. Thermo body scans are designed to measure the levels of energy in the human body, and to locate pain centers. This is especially helpful for those with chronic arthritis, as the enflamed areas of the body emit a certain color on the scan. But more than that, these scans show that a healthy body that is well balanced has an energy field that emits an aura just outside the body, whereas an unhealthy one has a very minimal energy field Again, this is science and technology, not mysticism. What a Reiki practitioner does is uses that energy in their body, and moves it in harmony with the energy field of the client to bring balance, relieve stress, and promote the natural healing ability of the human body. I do not have some arcane power, and I am not claiming to heal anyone. Not everyone even experiences healing from it. But, I firmly believe that in the right circumstances and level of body health, the body is able to heal itself from some (not all) maladies. I believe God designed our bodies that way. I simply direct positive energy to them, and let their body do the rest. You may have even experienced the power of energy in a way if you have ever been around someone in a really bad mood. Sometimes someone in a bad mood can put you in a bad mood yourself. It has happened to me before.

Reiki is also becoming more mainstream in the medical field. Reiki teachers are highly sought after by many hospitals, and Reiki services are sometimes paid for by insurance even, depending on the circumstance of course. I have experienced the benefits myself. I did not experience a “radical healing” of any kind, but after my Reiki session my stress level was significantly reduced, and I felt more relaxed and focused. This is huge, because stress is a major contributing factor to disease in general, and especially chronic disease. If I can help someone limit pharmaceutical chemicals, I am all for that.

I did watch the video, and I can assure you I am not channeling spirits into people or engaging in occult rituals. It is human nature to fear what we don’t understand, and that video was full of fear. I assure you that if I had any reservations whatsoever, or if I thought that I would be doing my family harm in any way shape or form, I would never do it. But that is not the case. Many christians are becoming more open to these alternative methods as well. I love you very much Dad, and I won’t debate with you over this, but I won’t change my mind either. Please know that I know what I’m doing. Thanks.”

Profile photo of Chris M
    Chris M
    Participant

That’s a great response Charles. Hopefully he will be open minded about this.

irreverance
    Participant

Yes, that is a great response. Fwiw, it also helped me to understand a bit more about something I really don’t know anything about. Thanks.

rachaelmama
    Participant

This is an excellent description of the process, Charles! We are conduits of loving energy, all of us…

Aline
    Participant

Hello Charles,

First of all I’m sorry to hear that your Father-in-Law is so fixated on this. I hope that this will not stay as a barrier between you and him. Has he responded yet?

I’m very interested in learning more about whether reiki is safe or not. I liked that you explained some things above. I still have a few questions, purely for my own research. If you could shed some light on it, I would be very thankful. I was able to comprehend the part where you wrote about the science of the body. The part where I start to lose comprehension was when you wrote “What a Reiki practitioner does is uses that energy in their body, and moves it in harmony with the energy field of the client”. My question is ‘What kind of process do you have to go through to be able to use your personal energy and move it in harmony with the energy field of the client?’, ‘Can that process be tested as scientifically normal/safe?’. It’s this part where it gets vague for me how you can get to that point. I want to somehow know for sure it’s not magic, you know? I don’t know if maybe you can tell more about this process…?

Another reikiquestion, but this is more a general question: if you use your personal positive energy in your body and move it in harmony with the energy of the client, do you have to be healthy to be a reiki practicioner? Are you otherwise incapable of sending positive energy? Or does every person have both positive and negative energy in them?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Aline

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’ve never received Reiki, but I know someone who has and she says it had a profound effect on her.

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

Random thought, but I am taking online Reiki classes and the first assignment is to spend 30 days doing Reiki on oneself. It’s amazing! I have done it for sinus headaches, chest pain (due to some anxiety I am experiencing) and it really works.

I am thinking about pursuing it more and it is good to hear it is going mainstream. I have an article I should send you that is very interesting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.