So looking forward….

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet So looking forward….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jeni Ananda 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

to meeting all of you :).   I’m retired, and my spiritual and friendship needs have changed, a third stage of my life.  I’m looking for — well, I’m in a grief process, trying to make peace with how I lived before, bouncing back and forth between those emotional stages as I think over where I’ve been.  So far, not in a place of acceptance.  I don’t need churches telling me what to think or feel; I’ve learned the lines.  I want to laugh and just “be” in the present with a bunch of real people who don’t try to put me in a box.  And I want to be real for them, too.  I am ill and have been for a long time. I don’t get out of the house much, but when I do, I have to pretend a lot, in order to make other people feel comfortable.  The world doesn’t feel okay with sick people who will never get better; after a while, it can become platitudes.  I don’t need those, or pity, though I am tired and in pain most days.  Online friendships can be much better, and I’m often on here at night, because I’m an insomniac (a symptom.)  I’m looking forward to talking about anything besides being sick!  TV, movies, music, anything fun.  I need a bigger world outside these walls.  And I need to be less self-involved, and to be able to give again.   Interests on my profile.  Till then….d

Profile photo of Schroedingers-Cat
    Schroedingers-Cat
    Participant

Welcome Deb. I hope you find a safe place here!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Just came across this post now. Wow! You describe so well the “symptoms” of many of us.

Jeni Ananda
    Participant

We are looking forward to getting to know you too!! thank you for being vulnerable and willing to let us in, to discover your wonderfulness!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.