So what does living in Oregon look like?

Blog Forums Introductions Chit Chat So what does living in Oregon look like?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of starfielder starfielder 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of edndayton1965
    EdNDayton1965
    Participant

Okay, first post other than my intro so here it goes:

We live in the Buckeye State of Ohio. We’ve lived here pretty much most of our lives (save for time of service for me in the USAF and stationed over seas in Germany).  We’re wanting to provide for our youngest daughter the kind of education and diversity we think she be exposed to and sadly we’re not finding it as much here. We could live out in Yellow Springs, Ohio, but the housing is expensive; we could move to Columbus, but big city life may be great for one of us, but not for all of us.

But then I came up with a wild idea: Why not go to Oregon and live there?

I got looks like “whatcha talking about Willis?” Why I am saying we should move is it seems to be a very progressive state, very on top with many of the things our family believes in (i.e. gay rights, voting rights, etc.) seems to be right on cue. But the idea of having tuition paid provided you pay it back after college was the clincher for me. Why? Because we can’t see how we are going to be able to get our youngest into college with the money troubles we are having right now. Her older sister is well off (different dads and money trust from her grandparents) and with her doing well with her classes we want to be able to see her have the same opportunity to go for higher learning.

But the truth is we think we would love Portland and any of the other cities in the state. We’d love the idea of living on the West Coast too. Plus, its time. We will always be Ohioians, but a new place with new challenges would fit our family well. Our other option is to move overseas to England…or live in Canada.

Any thoughts?

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hi Eddy! Well, my first question would be, “Have you spent any time in the places you’re thinking of moving to?”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.