Update on my friend in the hospital

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Update on my friend in the hospital

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan S
    Dan S
    Participant

Hi all,

I had mentioned in a group chat about a week ago that Anthony, a fellow classmate of mine was hit by a car while walking home from school. The incident was about 3 weeks ago, at first they weren’t sure if he was going to make it, and his family came down to Montreal from Newfoundland to be with him in the ICU. He has done remarkably well since then and no longer has to be in the trauma unit. There’s also no apparent severe brain damage, he’s able to hold some conversations now, and they are optimistic that he will be able to walk with rehab. He’s gone through over 8 major surgeries though and still has months ahead of him in the hospital, but things are looking up. I went to see his family last week to bring them some food and I could see what a toll it’s taken on them, particularly his mother. Please continue to pray / send positive thoughts (whatever you’re comfortable with!)

Dan

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Dan S Dan S.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the update Dan. So glad your friend is doing better. Will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Scary stuff!! I’m so glad that it seems his prognosis is looking positive! 8 major surgeries!! Ack! His poor family, and his mom especially..Oh, wow..

I’m sending good thoughts to them all.

peace!

~moxie

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Hi Dan,  I’ve been thinking about him and tried to message you but it didn’t work.  So glad you let us know.  Sounds like he has had a really hard time and will have a long road ahead of him.  But thankful he is doing as well as he is and that his family is with him.  And good friends like you.  Keep us posted…

R2
    Participant

Dan thanks for the update.  Hope you are doing better also since he is coming along. :-)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the update, Dan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.