Why create the world/universe/life?

Blog Forums Reconstruction Theology & Philosophy Why create the world/universe/life?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

robink
    Participant

I keep having this question go through my mind:

Why would God create the world/universe/life if the end result is some sort of eternal destination?  Couldn’t he/she/it have just made us in heaven?  Why do we have to go through life pondering over something that can’t be proven in order to decide if we get eternal reward or punishment?

The fall of man doesn’t even make sense.  People say we chose/choose sin. Okay, well God gave us the ability to choose sin. Couldn’t he have made us to not have this ability?  Couldn’t he have made us perfect?

I just don’t understand why Christianity seems like it’s some form the Hunger Games. This makes life a curse, not a gift. There is no real freedom in this kind of life.

Thoughts?

Profile photo of margaret-trezevant
    Margaret-Trezevant
    Participant

Maybe God doesn’t care one way or the other and just wants to see what we do with the life we’re given? And not just us, but the entire continuum of life to which we’re all connected?

robink
    Participant

@margaret-trezevant I like that idea.  I tend to lean toward that with my own thinking.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Christianity as some kind of Hunger Games. I like that. Great analogy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.