And there was a reponse!

Blog Forums Deconstruction Trying to Move On And there was a reponse!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

David – I think that would make a great cartoon. You could draw a person with both ears and both eyes on the same side of their head and none on the other side. Eyes to see and ears to hear…solely their own distorted beliefs.

Profile photo of Chris M
    Chris M
    Participant

@Jeff   Did this liberal pastor you speak of eventually become The Naked Pastor?  :)

Profile photo of JeffPrideaux
    JeffPrideaux
    Participant

@Chris,

LOL.  No, there was a line my old pastor was not willing to cross…  But maybe one day…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow. Just, wow. Guilt tripping, condescension, self-importance, and a complete lack of understanding wrapped up in a façade of “concern.” I wouldn’t know how to begin to respond. Part (okay, most) of me is thinking that you shouldn’t respond at all; he strikes me as the type who, even if you spelled it out in no uncertain terms, would take a long time to sink in exactly where you are in your journey and how you got there, and once he did get it you’d probably become a pet project of his, someone who he feels he must bring back into the fold.

On the other hand, I don’t think he’s going to go away if you chose not to respond, either.

I feel for you, man, but I have no advice.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Normal

false
    false
    false

EN-US
    X-NONE
    X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
    table.MsoNormalTable
    {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
    mso-style-noshow:yes;
    mso-style-priority:99;
    mso-style-qformat:yes;
    mso-style-parent:””;
    mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
    mso-para-margin-top:12.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-right:0in;
    mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
    mso-para-margin-left:.3in;
    line-height:200%;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:11.0pt;
    font-family:”Calibri”,”sans-serif”;
    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
    mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Wade – I was reading through a Word file I keep favorite quotes in and ran across this one by our very own “Off the Map” TLSer. It is from a post she did a long time ago, but in regard to your current situation, she nailed it. Since she already posted it once on TLS, I’m assuming (I know, I know – never assume!), she won’t mind if I re-post her brilliant insight! Here it is…

“When the true agenda of a conversation is to prevent intimacy we run into the sort of abusive manipulation that is dictatorial. It is not about you, it is about the fear the other person is managing. You get to be the target since they desperately want to divert attention from the target they have in their own hearts. We can all be guilty of this.     –  “Off the Map” (TLSer)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Sorry – I guess my computer was speaking in tongues – ha!

Profile photo of Chris M
    Chris M
    Participant

Haha Jo White.   Makes as much sense

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Hey Jo!  That sounds familiar.  Some of them spoke in tongues at the church I left…….

Wade
    Participant

I am preparing a response to my friend, taking care to be civil and not give him more ammunition than necessary. I haven’t decided if I shall mention my castles analogy or list the resources I mentioned at the top.

But I’m not rushing this reply. Partly this is because I don’t want to completely burn this bridge. Secondly, today is Full Moon and I have other spiritual things to think about. And lastly because I don’t want it upsetting my weekend away in a few days!

Wade.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hey! OTM is my sister. Thanks for quoting her @Jo White!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Starfielder – Yes, I know she’s your sister! And you’re welcome!

Wade – Sounds like a good decision to wait so you don’t mess up your weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.