Apology regarding Facebook friends

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Apology regarding Facebook friends

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Emily Riley 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Fellow TLSers!  Just a head’s up…

When several of you sent me Facebook Friend Requests, I gladly accepted. One problem – I forgot that your posts could be read by the other people (fundie family/friends/ministry people) that post things on my wall. (At least I think that’s how it works??? I’m NOT high tech!)  So to be on the safe side I have temporarily unfriended you guys until the ministry weekend in October is over with. Please do NOT take it personally. As much as I’d LOVE to be able to communicate freely with you guys as Facebook Friends, right now is not the right time for me to “come out.”

I only have to lead this “double life” for a couple more months! (Oh crap – then I still have fundie family members to deal with. HMmmm.)  I don’t plan on staying in the closet forever, but I do need to “come out” on my own terms rather than being involuntarily outted. Been there, done that one time already with my son!  Thanks in advance for your understanding! Love you guys! (I’ll still be around on TLS and the TLS Facebook page.)

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Jo White! You’re the bomb. Do whatever you need to do. I send you my love! Ha! <3

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Star! You’re pretty amazing yourself!

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’m telling everyone to follow their gut.

Emily Riley

completely makes sense. it’s hard to know how to come out. the process for me has been slow and I’ve never officially come out on FB. if someone looked through y likes they’d probably figure it out, but up to this point I haven’

Emily Riley

weird. half my post is missing…

I went on to say we all have to follow the timing we feel us best in regards to coming out and no one would want to pressure you to do it when you aren’t ready

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.