Faith, feminism, and image of God

Blog Forums Reconstruction Laugh Links & Ideas Faith, feminism, and image of God

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amy Amy 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

I have a guest post up for Dianna Anderson today (I mentioned her in the hangout about feminism/spirituality, and I think her blog is on the list).  She’s had a series on “Account and Countenance,” all about our images of God.  Here’s mine: http://diannaeanderson.net/blog/2013/5/guest-post-god-an-old-white-dude-on-jeopardy

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That blog was great! I’m so glad God is NOT an old white dude up in the sky keeping score of our failures and mistakes!

I can relate to that part about ending up in a cold, dark cave and inviting God to be part of her life again. Only this time, God isn’t any of those names or images I used to have of God. Now, he is so vast, so expansive, infinite and all encompassing, that I really have no name for God or particular image of God. God just IS -and I see glimpses of God everywhere – especially in the beauty of nature, music, and people. That God beats  “the old white dude” concept any day of the week!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

WOW love it Amy! Thanks for posting. It’s giving me lots to think about.

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@starfielder , thanks! :)

@Jo White Yeah, that’s where I am too.  I see these flashes of God in so many things.  A bit more than a year ago, there was an anti-evolution sermon at church (yes, because God cares very deeply about that as opposed to, say, people having clean water).  We were warned that belief in evolution was one step away from atheism.  I emailed the person who gave the message and explained that I find evolution and natural science to be one of the few things that makes me believe MORE firmly in God–it’s so intricate and so amazing.  He was kind of like, “Um, well, you’re still wrong.”  (But honestly, I’m not afraid to be an atheist anyway, and I don’t really care if someone believes evolution or whatever is just a random occurrence; it’s still beautiful and complex either way.)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.