Finding Grace

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Finding Grace

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Heather R
    Heather R
    Participant

I got thrown into an IFB Christian school at age 5.  My parents thought it would be “safe”.  After all, the school was run by “Grace Baptist”.

It was anything but.

I’m now 36 and I’m crawling out of a hole of shame and unworthiness to find myself a person of infinite and inherent worth.  I fight every day.

I consider myself a progressive Christian, although I attend no church.  I have no desire to do so.

I am honored to be a part of this group.  I hope to learn much!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hey Heather, WELCOME! We’re honored you’re here!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Glad you’re here Heather! So glad you are not letting your toxic experiences at the IFB Christian school define who you are or your worth. Keep fighting cuz you definitely are worth fighting for! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Emily Riley

I also come from an IFB background. welcome to the group :)

Wade
    Participant

I guess I’ve found grace, too. I realized a few months ago that all the churches I’ve been to proclaim this idea of “Christian guilt”. They don’t do it overtly; not really. The closest they get to guilting the congregation is with the line “a Christian should…”. I decided I wasn’t going to be bound by that. It was tremendously liberating.

My blog post about it.

Wade.

Profile photo of JeffPrideaux
    JeffPrideaux
    Participant

Heather,  welcome to the group.  I’m sure crawling out of that background was not easy but as you fight and realize your self worth, things will get easier.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

Welcome Heather. You sound healthy to me!! So glad you found your way here!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Nice to meet you and welcome! I am new here as well!  So glad you pulled out of that organization.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.