Hangout Tips

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers Hangout Tips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

These Hangouts are great but the technology is limited. The experience is a little like telephones in the 30’s–hello hello. Here’s a couple of simple tips: 1)mute your mike (top right) then open it when you want to speak. This will help keep the background noise down. 2) Make use of the chat box on the side. If you have a question you can use the chat box to let David know, or you can comment on something being said. It really is a one at a time medium.

Profile photo of Sandy G.
    Sandy G.
    Participant

And if anyone has any tips for using an iPad for the hangouts, please share.  I was able to stream and watch live on the Google+ app, but couldn’t see an option for joining.  Not that I had anything to add today.  :)  But for future reference.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

I guess we can’t “hang out” in the same room at our house…. makes for technical difficulties.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I agree with Wayne. I love the hang-outs, but the background noise is very distracting, so if people could mute their mics that would make it a much more pleasant experience for the rest of us.

I am “low-tech” so I have a couple questions:: Are the people we can see on our screen (who are sharing) doing that via a webcam and/or Skype?  I have no idea how to “be seen” on screen by others. I have a mic but what kind of camera would I need to get? And what kind of “ear piece sets” are people using?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Jo, I’m not very techy either, but I can tell you that the ear pieces need to have a mic, and to get into the discussion you have to have a Google+ account. Google+ has a feature called “Hangout” which is like Skype. You can buy a little web-camera $30-40. Oh and make friends with geeky kids.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wayne – Thanks for “splainin” that to me!

BTW – I am LOVING that book you sent me. It has answered a LOT of my questions about the whole Adam and Eve and the “fall of man” thing. What the author says about that makes way more sense than anything else I’ve read on that subject. So thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.