Happy New Year Everyone!!

Blog Forums Introductions Meet & Greet Happy New Year Everyone!!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ang Ang 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

I’m not much of a joiner, so even I was a little surprised when I joined this community the day David launched it.  I have absolutely no regrets!

In the past few months I’ve “met” some amazing people from so many different backgrounds, on different parts of their journeys – some just plane wary and weary.  I used to comment more, be a bigger part of the conversation in the beginning  but man what an amazing privilege it’s been to just sit back and read what you guys have had to share.  Regardless of where I stand on religion, I respect and have gained insight from each and every one of you.

I don’t believe in making resolutions because I see them as a set up for failure.  I do believe in growing, through seeking knowledge and just absorbing what the universe sends our way.  I confess that as this community grows I don’t know everyone as much as I used to, but that’s ok.  When I’m here, I am truly encouraged by those I get to interact with.  I hope you all have a wonderful new year, filled with peace for those of you still struggling.  I also hope this place continues to be a refuge where we don’t have to put on filters or apologize for speaking our hearts.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Profile photo of moxierocks
    moxierocks
    Participant

Happy New Year, servantgirl! (((HUGS)))

Profile photo of Vinny
    Vinny
    Participant

2012 has been sort of a watershed year for my spouse and I as we cut the cord from the stagnant mainstream church and went off to do our own thing.  Here’s to deep exploration and exciting journeys in 2013!

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

There is nothing like good food, good friends, good wine, and good conversation. Here’s to a new year of all these things. So very thankful to be here and a part of this community.

Profile photo of Crysti
    Crysti
    Participant

Happy new year! I intentionally put 2012 in my username as the year my spiritual independence started. Hugs everyone!

Profile photo of agnosticbeliever
    AgnosticBeliever
    Participant

Happy New Year to All!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Happy New Year to you Servantgirl – and to everyone else too!                                                                                                                                          Here’s to many liberating insights and epiphanies, and a LOT more healing and a LOT less pain in 2013!!!

SG – I know what you mean about being more involved in the beginning and then tapering off as more new people have come along. At first, I was on this site every day for HOURS reading and responding to posts – until I finally reached a point of  “emotional stimuli/pain overload” and had to bow out for awhile. It’s good to be back – especially at a much saner pace.

I see this website kind of like a “steady stream of waves.”  One group of people rolls in with the tide and deposits their stories, questions, doubts, insights, hurts, triumphs, humor, etc. on the beach.  Then as that tide recedes, the next “wave of people” roll in and make their deposits. Ultimately, we all end up as beach combers, pocketing shiny new treasures and sharing interesting/puzzling/humorous/infuriating specimens. Any time one of us unexpectedly steps on broken glass, the group comes together to offer comfort and assistance to the one who is injured (or whose scab was cruelly ripped off before their wound was healed.)

SG – I consider you a special part of “our wave!” You won’t be forgotten!

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Hey all, happy new year. Lets hope it will be a better year.

@ Jo White, great analogy.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks Hugh! :)

Profile photo of servantgirl
    servantgirl
    Participant

As always, perfectly worded Jo White :)

R2
    Participant

^^^^^^^^^^^
    What they said …  :-)

Profile photo of Ang
    Ang
    Participant

Happy New Year to everyone at TLS.

I had two years of hibernation and isolation and pain after leaving the church.  I felt totally defeated and crushed.

Then along came TLS and all of you.   I am doing better and have gradually started getting my voice back.  And I plan on continuing to speak out in in the future; not only for myself, but for others who have been hurt by spiritual abusive situations.

Like sg, I do not make resolutions.  But I trust we all will continue to walk together on our journey to ……… where ever it is we are going.  My destination seems to change frequently so I’m leaving that open.

HUGS!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.