I'm a social mess

Blog Forums Reconstruction Sexuality & Relationships I'm a social mess

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of starfielder starfielder 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of happylee
    happylee
    Participant

Late in the conversation, but I understand Savage.  Though I make friends super easily, love talking to people and thank God, am surrounded by good friends that care  – I’m still unmarried and in that department, not all fares well, I’m afraid.  Funny thing is I love solitude even more so than I love company, but God knows whom he creates and for some reason, people just drift into my life and enjoy my company, but no boyfriend has drifted into mine.  I’ve also been alone in that department for about 4 years.

I guess what I’m getting at is that the lack of a romantic partner can happen whether introvert or extrovert, with a nice social life or a quiet one, attractive or not conventionally so… It’s just the way things are.

I have no answers.  I just pray about it and steer clear of men that I know are “trouble”.  Wish I had something of more value to say except that we are in the same boat.  Hopefully this helps somewhat.  :)  And yes, it can get excruciatingly lonely when you see your friends wed… one by one.

I always thank God that I’ve never wanted kids (I’ve had to care for my family most of my life so my maternal instinct has been put to more than your share of fair use)   -this is one painful event less to deal with.  Had I really wanted to be a mother with a husband, I’d be totally and absolutely depressed by now.    Which I am, in a way.  I’m going through a period of grieving that marriage still hasn’t happened for me.  I think it’s the healthy way to process, just embrace the pain and live through it, until you come out on the other side.

It’s awfully hard.  For me it’s somewhat of a daily struggle.  But I draw love from my friends and family so I’m not alone, just feeling very, very, very lonely without a significant other to share life with.

If I can leave you with any advice, I would just say to be yourself, but to smile more.  I’m sure a girl some day will want to know more about the quiet man who smiles.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Hey Savage, I don’t have anything really to add since there is great advice and story sharing that has already happened here! I have enjoyed chatting with you. I appreciate your post here and all of the thoughtful responses. Wow what a community!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.