Jazz Band again

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively Jazz Band again

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cdevon cDevon 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

So, I’m sorry I’ve been absent lately.  One more week and all the business should let up a bit.  This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity, and one of the reasons was that my son’s jazz band competed in a big festival last Friday.  We found out today that his band (kids ages 9-11) came in first in their category (middle schools) and third overall (including high schools).  They received awards for best solo trumpet, best woodwinds, and best rhythm section.  I promise, no more videos of them playing after this, but here’s their band playing “Swingin’ Shepherd Blues” (there’s an individual soloist, and then my son is in the second pair, and they’re doing what he calls “trading fours”).  I’m pretty sure it was their rendition of “Superstition” that put them over the top, but I’ve already posted that one.

Anyway, I’m going back in my cave for another week, as my kids have their last dance classes and one last recital before the performance season is over. :)

David Hayward
    Keymaster

wooohooooo!!! awesomeness.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Go Super Mom.

Profile photo of cdevon
    cDevon
    Participant

Man they are good for any age in school.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.