Jazz band

Blog Forums Reconstruction Living Creatively Jazz band

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amy Amy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

So, my kid did this thing.  His school was having a fundraiser at our local Barnes & Noble, and his jazz band performed right in the cafe there.  We knew he was playing a solo in their first song, and I thought that was it.  He surprised us by playing a solo in their final number which he wrote himself (they are learning to improvise).  Keep in mind that these are mostly 5th graders (so age 10-11) and a few 4th graders (like my son, who is only 9).  His solo is at about 2:15.

Southern Exposure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xq6xFxKNNI

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Very Nice.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

That was pretty darn good!

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

Thanks, guys! I’m really proud of the hard work my son puts into his music.  He practices every day–not because we tell him to, but because he loves it so much.  It’s been fun to see him grow.

Profile photo of starfielder
    starfielder
    Participant

Good job Mom! That is way cool

Profile photo of Richard
    Richard
    Participant

Jazz is some of my favorite music.  Your son did a wonderful job!!

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

Aw, thanks! He works so hard, and it’s nice to see it pay off. Reward: taking him to see a jazz saxophonist live this weekend. :)

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My husband was a Jazz trombonist in high school and was offered a scholarship to college in Texas.  Practice makes perfect and practice can pay for college!!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I love jazz.  Awesome job Amy’s son & group.  Kathy

Profile photo of Amy
    Amy
    Participant

@Kathy, yup! That’s one of the ways I paid for college–had a music scholarship to play with the orchestra there.  J also dances, and there’s a local college where he can get a scholarship for that, too.  Sad that college is more than 8 years away, but I’m already thinking about how to pay for it. LOL!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.