LATEST INSPIRING QUOTES…

Blog Forums Reconstruction Leftovers LATEST INSPIRING QUOTES…

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Hayward 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

“Most of all she’d learned that there is a backbone in life, a spiritual spine that undercut everything, and that finding it in yourself, learning to feel its pulse, was salvation in its purest sense.” Dream Wheels (novel by Richard Wagamese)

“I knew better, of course. I knew that trying to capture time—to hold on to anything at all—was not only useless, but a terrible waste. Time was all we had. I had carried with me Abraham Joshua Heschel’s idea of time as a cathedral. It didn’t have to be Sabbath for this moment to be holy. It was holy precisely because there was no other…

I felt it all, all at once—the way that time can slow to a near standstill simply by existing inside it. By not pushing through it, or past it—by not wishing it away, not trying to capture it. It was a lesson I needed to learn over and over again: to stop and simply be. To recognize these moments and enter them—with reverence and an unprotected heart—as if walking into a cathedral.”   – Dani Shapiro (Oprah’s Super Soul Sunday guest tomorrow – Oct. 27th – it can be viewed for two weeks after.)

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  David Hayward.
    Profile photo of SaraJ
    SaraJ
    Participant

Love the quotes @Jo White.

David Hayward
    Keymaster

I’m a huge fan of Heschel!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.